Saturday, August 1, 2009

Almost in

Last July I went on vacation with my 2 sisters. I said boy I wish I could have been in the Peace Corps. When I got back home to Colorado Springs I picked up the local newspaper turned a few pages darn if there wasn't a ad for the Peace Corps recruiter. She would be having a meeting at the library the next week. I went and yes it was just as I thought it would be. I took all the information got on line and applied. After I applied I told my family. I got very mixed emotions.
No you cant go, great I'm proud of you mom, you only live once go do what your heart is telling you. The process is long long long.. I had my first interview in September, a few days later the recruiter told me she was going to nominate me and that she had a spot opening up in Eastern Europe as a Small business developer. I still had to go through all the back round checks, legal, and medical. Which was the longest part. I had to have one test 6 months apart..So I'm thinking of all the things I would need in Eastern Europe in the winter!! Planning in my head for the next 2 years. I got my call in May stating Eastern Europe was no longer available How about Morocco? I excepted first of June. More reading on new Country!! Leaving September 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment